Job: Care2 is hiring a versatile new Online Campaigner to join our campaign team based in Redwood City, California
Online Campaigner – Redwood Shores, CA
for more info see http://www.care2.com/aboutus/careers.html#online_campaigner
Care2 is hiring a versatile new Online Campaigner to join our campaign team based in Redwood City, California
The new Online Campaigner will work with advocacy and fundraising professionals at leading nonprofits to craft successful online campaigns targeting Care2 Web visitors and e-newsletter subscribers.
The ideal candidate is a strong writer, has solid analytical skills, is passionate about the environment and progressive causes, and is comfortable balancing competing deadlines and demands. This candidate is equally adept at creating persuasive editorial messages – often in response to fast-changing current events – and at using spreadsheets and other databases to test, analyze and optimize an email campaign’s rate of opens, click-throughs and overall response.
- Lead client interaction for client team’s portfolio of campaigns
- Research, write, edit and test campaign creative, in consultation with teammates and Care2’s nonprofit clients
- Launch campaigns, then track, analyze and report results for Care2 and clients
- Effectively utilize Care2’s Web site and social networking areas to promote campaigns for Care2’s nonprofit clients
- Interact by telephone and in meetings with broad array of nonprofit clients
- Help manage Care2’s inventory of email alerts, e-newsletters and Web site placements for maximum effectiveness
- Achieve monthly client team revenue targets while providing strong value to Care2’s nonprofit partners
- Develop strong project leadership within Care2, consistent with an upward career growth path
- Knowledge of, or experience in, online fundraising, nonprofit advocacy, membership cultivation and marketing is a plus
- Strong relationship-building, client management and customer service skills
- Self-starter, dynamic and able to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Excellent listening and communications skills to interact effectively with teammates, clients and others
- Superb writing skills
- Strong work ethic and desire to work collaboratively
- An interest in, and passion for, progressive social issues and the environment
- Ability to work quickly under pressure and multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to help drive projects to completion
- Demonstrated skills in using Excel and/or in managing quantitative data
- HTML and web graphics skills
- At least a B.S. in political science, journalism, international relations or other relevant field; higher education is a plus
With more than 21 million members, Care2 is the Internet’s largest social network for people who want to make a difference. Thousands of new members join Care2 every day, attracted by our progressive values and commitment to advancing social justice, protecting our planet and leading healthier lives. Our mission is to empower Care2 members to take action so that they can help “make a difference.” We achieve this mission with action-oriented tools and content on Care2.com and ThePetitionSite.com, enabling our members to rapidly pool their resources and produce lasting change. Care2 powers its members’ activism via cause-driven education, activism and fundraising campaigns that benefit more than 1000 of the world’s best-known nonprofit organizations. Care2’s team lives its mission, knowing at the end of the day that we have done a little more to help the world become a better place.
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter, resume, and samples of your persuasive writing to email@example.com and specify “Online Campaigner” in the subject line. Care2 is an equal opportunity employer.