Associate Program Manager – Cultural Vistas, Columbia, MD
Our stake in the future of intercultural exchange is only growing.
At Cultural Vistas, we are always looking for talented individuals with fresh ideas, new perspectives, and the capacity to advance our programs and services. A non-profit organization and designated sponsor or Exchange Visitor Programs, Cultural Vistas has facilitated professional exchange programs and services for visitors coming to the United States, and Americans seeking overseas experiential learning opportunities since 1950. We offer opportunities in our headquarters in New York City, as well as our offices in Columbia, Md. and Washington, D.C. Learn more at culturalvistas.org.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (International Studies, Business, Education, or other Liberal Arts degree preferred)
- Two to three years of customer service, client relations management, program management, international business, education, immigration and/or other related experience required
- Prior experience within international exchange/international education field is strongly preferred
- Foreign language skills preferred
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong ability to communicate effectively within a multi-cultural environment and with people from diverse cultures and countries
- Demonstrated success in analyzing clients’ needs and in building positive professional relationships with varied internal and external stakeholders
- High level of concern and initiative for providing exceptional customer service for internal and external customers
- Must exhibit high standards of performance and be a role model for the organization
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement and decision-making. Must proactively anticipate potential issues and/or problems relating to functions, meetings, office management and overall administration. Demonstrated ability to manage conflicts successfully.
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and relate well with others including supervisors, colleagues and customers inside and outside the company is a must. Ability to hold others accountable for their actions and performance, as necessary.
- Proven ability to multi-task, to prioritize workload and to maintain organization. Must be able to work independently, be a self-starter and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate positively, clearly, and professionally to diverse audiences. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional and positive demeanor
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Strong personal commitment to continual professional development
- Demonstrated ability to be dependable and work with a sense of urgency and work with minimal direction and oversight
- Demonstrates commitment to the success of the organization and maintains an understanding of the overall mission
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Facilitates professional exchanges from beginning of application process to completion of program under the guidance of the Senior Program Manager:
- Evaluates applications to determine compliance with J-1 visa regulations, as well as internal CV policies, and makes recommendation to Senior Program Manager for approval;
- Ensures that host companies offer exchange visitor robust and meaningful training opportunities that are in line with the visitor’s educational and professional experience;
- Synthesizes program policies and expectations and effectively communicates them to external stakeholders; including applicants, U.S. companies, and immigration attorneys;
- Conducts site visits to ensure companies meet program requirements;
- Monitors SEVIS deadlines and reports, as well as trainee arrival information by working with the Senior Program Manager who acts as Alternate Responsible Officer;
- Follows up with companies during programs to ensure everything is going smoothly;
- Prioritizes tasks, problem-solves and multi-tasks in a demanding and client-focused workplace;
- In consultation with Senior Program Manager, communicates with consulate to appeal visa denials;
- In consultation with Senior Program Manager, arbitrates issues between trainees and host companies.
Client Relationship Management
- Educates companies and participants on the J-1 visa regulations, purpose of Exchange Visitor Program, and CV application process
- Assists host companies in the development of training programs by synthesizing information and succinctly expressing the goals and objectives of the program in a training plan
- In consultation with Senior Program Manager, develops and implements plan to proactively engage company clients – including regular check-ins via phone, e-mail and in person
- Ensures smooth processing of applications and clear messaging with internal and external customers
- Develops and maintains an advanced knowledge of J-1 visa regulations and Cultural Vistas policies, and their respective applications
- Develops and maintains industry knowledge by seeking out educational workshops, classes, and related publications
- Supports on-going communication to all appropriate staff as it pertains to new initiatives and new and existing business
- Takes proactive approach to improve business functions and workflow within department
- Works in accordance with the mission, goals, values, and strategic direction of Cultural Vistas
The rate attached to this position is $35,000/year with a comprehensive benefits package.
Apply to this position today at http://culturalvistas.org/home/about-us/careers/associate-program-m…