The Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID). Toronto, Canada.
Closing date: February 3, 2013.
The Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID) is an international feminist organization working to strengthen the voice, impact and influence of women’s rights advocates, organizations and movements internationally.
The Executive Assistant (EA) supports the Executive Director’s (ED) work to ensure the overall smooth planning and implementation of programmatic and staffing activities at AWID. The Executive Assistant provides important and sensitive support to the ED and the organization. Often the first point of contact for the ED, the EA is expected to handle information in complete confidence and with discretion. Further, the Executive Assistant must work capably at all levels within AWID including the Board, all external partners, funders and the AWID constituency.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Provides executive level support to the Executive Director; oversees the ED’s agenda, emails and correspondences, books appointments and travel itineraries, coordinate visa and residency matters, etc.
- Organizes logistics of Board meetings (including flights, per diems, interpretation hotel, meeting space, etc.)
- Minute taking during Board and committee meetings; producing post-meeting reports
- Receiving, compiling and producing first draft of ED report to the Board and other documents as needed
- Compiles and coordinates the required Board meeting materials – putting together the board member’s packets (including submitting purchase request in line with approved budgets, photocopying or coordinating copies/printing of required materials)
- Calculates required reimbursement or per diem amounts for meeting participants, in line with AWID Financial Policies & Procedures, and submitting calculations for approval
4 to 6 years experience:
- in the non-profit sector
- in positions focusing on administrative and logistical support
- coordination of projects and activities
- working in a multi-cultural team
- Post secondary education
- Courses or certificates in women’s/feminist studies, administration, international development, or non-profit management are considered assets
Knowledge & Other Requirements:
- Able to travel internationally (approx. 2-3 weeks per year)
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/French
We are looking for an individual who is committed to the principles and values of feminism, anti-discrimination, and anti-racism. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of general office procedures involving meeting logistics, travel arrangements, and administrative tasks. If you have superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision, we would love to hear from you!
Download complete job description:
- Current CV and cover letter (addressing how you meet the necessary qualifications and outlines why you want to work for AWID)
- The exact source/location you saw the advertisement for this position
Fax: +416 594 0330
E-mail: email@example.com (please include “Executive Assistant” in the subject line of the email)
No phone calls please. Only email and faxed applications will be accepted. The application closing date is Sunday, February 3, 2013. We thank all who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AWID encourages, promotes and supports diversity in all aspects of its work.
To learn more about AWID and our programs, please visit our website at www.awid.org.