Outreach & Congregations Fellowship, Jubilee USA Network
This information is cross posted from: http://www.jubileeusa.org/about-us/jobs-fellowships-and-internships…
Outreach & Congregations Fellowship
We are currently accepting applications – deadline to apply is January 31, 2013 but we encourage early applicants.
Are you looking for a meaningful way to spend the next year? Do you want to work on global justice issues and gain some valuable organizing, writing and professional experience?
Jubilee USA Network (www.jubileeusa.org) is building an international economy that serves, protects and promotes the participation of the most vulnerable. Jubilee USA Network has won critical global financial reforms and more than $130 billion in debt relief for the world’s poorest countries. We are an alliance of more than 75 US organizations, 250 faith communities and 50 Jubilee global partners. Jubilee fellows are an integral part of Jubilee’s dedicated team.
- Working closely with Jubilee’s outreach team to design and implement grassroots campaigns;
- Creating grassroots-friendly education, worship and campaign materials;
- Working closely with and supporting a network of volunteers across the country;
- Supporting the Jubilee Congregations program;
- Designing and implementing e-activism and new media campaigns;
- Coordinating monthly conference calls for Jubilee grassroots activists and bi-monthly conference calls for Jubilee Congregations;
- Public speaking at conferences and events;
- Filling requests for information and orders;
- Helping with other office tasks;
- Working with staff on other staff-wide priority projects as need arises; and
- Other responsibilities are flexible depending on the skills and interests of the fellow.
- Exhibit commitment to social and economic justice;
- Have outreach and organizing experience;
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Be flexible and self-motivated;
- Be able to work well with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Knowledge of international debt, economic justice issues and advocacy experience is a plus; and
- Basic computer skills and knowledge required.
- Three weeks vacation;
- Christmas week and Federal government holidays off;
- Health insurance is provided; a modest food and leisure stipend provided; and
- Career experience and networking.
This is a year-long fellowship.
To apply, please email Jennifer Tong, Communications Director at jennifer(at)jubileeusa.org your cover letter, resume and 1-2 page writing sample.
Applications are due by January 31st, 2013 but we encourage early applications.
The Jubilee USA Network is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of their religious affiliation, race, age, sex, sexual orientation or nature of disability.