Cross-posted from Innovation Fund: http://afgg.org/?page_id=1404
We’ve tried to make the application process clear and convenient!
Assuming you are, then check out the Instructions for the Application.
Really, check them out:Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Application Instructions and the worksheet included there carefully before beginning the Application Form. You can also download the instructions and worksheet in Microsoft Word if that’s more
When you’re ready, complete the application. Note that the deadline for application is 5 PM on May 31, 2013.
If you have questions about the RFP or the application process, participate in our conference call/webinar at Noon (EST) on April 22, 2013. Participation requires registration.
The list of questions raised will be circulated to all those registered no less than 24 hours before the call, together with relevant call-in information. Questions submitted April 18, 2013, including those raised during the call, will be addressed on the call if time permits. Responses to questions not answered on the call will be addressed in in a subsequent distribution.
An eligible organization has identified a clear strategy for mission-relevant, revenue generating activity and conducted enough of the needed preliminaries (e.g., studies, technical assistance, market analysis, etc.) to have in place a mature strategy for execution, all as reflected in a solid business plan, so that Innovation Fund resources will be used for implementation. An eligible organization also:
- is a 501(c)3 organization in the United States (including so called “friends of” and US fiscal agents for non-U.S. NGOs);
- is engaged in in areas of health, education, environment, poverty and/or world relations outside the United States;
- can demonstrate in quantitative terms the concrete impact it has made in addressing the problems it targets;
- can demonstrate organizational stability using information that might include but is not limited to: a) years of operation; b) relatively stable revenue; c) testimonial(s), e.g., from recurring donor(s); and/or d) cumulative impact;
- has had total revenue over the past five years that:
- averaged below $20,000,000, and above $5,000,000 per year, and
- derived in a significant part from at least one type of traditional funding (e.g., charitable giving, government support, investment income); and
- has quality systems of governance and financial accountability.