Working for Womankind
Gender Action for Peace & Security (GAPS) Network Director (35 hours per week – permanent – flexible and reduced hours applications welcomed)
The GAPS Director will be responsible for coordinating, facilitating and developing the GAPS network and its members in their joint GAPS activities and initiatives. The role works closely with the GAPS Management Committee and GAPS Advisory Board. Externally, the primary role is high level influencing work. Internally, the post requires ability to facilitate and support a diverse coalition of member organisations, the management of part-time staff and all fundraising for the network.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with networks; experience of policy and influencing work on women’s rights, gender and peacebuilding or development; as well as excellent communication and networking skills and knowledge of project management; budgeting and fundraising.
Closing date for applications is: 9.00 am 19th April.
Interview date: 24th-26th April.
INDIVIDUAL GIVING MANAGER (35 hours per week – Permanent)
The Individual Giving Manager will be responsible for recruiting, retaining and developing individual donors to increase income for Womankind and for contributing to the overall Fundraising and Marketing strategy. This post will need to work closely with the Fundraising and Marketing team to ensure coherence and consistency of approach, ideas and activities. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of direct marketing (both donor development and donor acquisition campaigns) and a good understanding of database marketing principles.
If you are an experienced fundraiser with excellent management and communications skills who is able to translate widespread support for women’s rights into a successful individual giving strategy we would like to hear from you.
Closing date for applications is: 12.00 pm 4th April 2013
Interview date: 10th April 2013
- 28 days holiday (three days taken over the Christmas and New Year) and eight bank holidays
- Five days paid leave for time off for dependants plus additional unpaid leave
- Up to 10 days paid compassionate leave
Family friendly policies
- Flexible working opportunities are available to all staff
- Womankind offers child care vouchers
- Enhanced maternity leave: 18 weeks full pay, 8 weeks half pay and 13 weeks SMP
- Adoption and paternity leave
- All employees, whether full or part-time, permanent are eligible to join the pension scheme set up by Womankind after three months’ service.
- Womankind contributes 7% of the employee’s salary into the pension scheme. Employees may also contribute to their pension
Womankind is verifed compliant with People in Aid.