Call for Mentors: TechWomen Professional Mentor Application is now open
Cross-posted from TechWomen: https://www.techwomen.org/techwomen-delegation/inspire-women-leaders-from-the-middle-east-and-africa
Professional Mentor Application
Deadline: June 1, 2013
Professional Mentors will be matched based on their professional compatibility with the selected Emerging Leaders, field of expertise, project interests, entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to the program’s overall goals, potential to inspire the Emerging Leaders, and ability to provide flexible and objective support in a culturally-sensitive manner.
Please apply to be a Professional Mentor if you are:
- A woman who works in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Available to spend at least an hour each workday (Monday – Thursday) providing guidance on the Emerging Leader’s work
- Able to host an Emerging Leader at your company’s site
- Able to coach the Emerging Leader on a project of mutual benefit for the Emerging Leader and your company
Professional Mentor applicants will be informed of the results of their application by July 1, 2013. At that time, if the applicant has not been matched with an Emerging Leader, she is welcome to apply for the Cultural Mentor role.
Cultural Mentor Application
Application Opens on June 1, 2013
Deadline: August 1, 2013
Cultural Mentors will be selected and matched based on their diverse backgrounds, professional fields, ability to spend time with Emerging Leaders, cultural interests, and commitment to empowering women and girls.
Please apply to be a Cultural Mentor if you are:
- A woman who lives and works in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Able to spend 2-5 hours per week with participants on evenings and/or weekends
- Willing to help participants navigate logistical challenges as they settle into life in the Bay Area
- Excited about serving as a cultural ambassador and showcasing all the Bay Area has to offer
Cultural Mentor applicants will be notified of the status of their application by September 1, 2013.
Mentor Time Commitment
Professional Mentors must be available October 7 – 31, 2013. Cultural Mentors must be available October 1 – 31, 2013. The TechWomen Welcome Orientation for Mentors and Emerging Leaders will take place on Monday, October 7, 2013. All Mentors are required to attend the Welcome Orientation, as well as the Mentor Workshop in September 2013.
Mentors are also invited to travel with the participants to Washington, D.C. November 1-6, 2013. After the Emerging Leaders return home, Mentors will be invited to participate in the TechWomen delegation trips that will take place in the winter/spring of 2014.